SMALL-SCALE MAGNETIC FLUX ROPE DATABASE
This is a small-scale magnetic flux rope database. The flux rope events in this database are detected by an automated program based on Grad-Shafranov reconstruction algorithm. The data used in detecting algorithm is from two spacecraft. The maximum detection window is 361 minutes, and the minimum duration threshold is 9 minutes for the WIND spacecraft. These parameters are 2165 minutes (36 hours) and 9 minutes, 2255 minutes and 45 minutes for the ACE and Ulysses spacecraft, respectively. The detailed technical procedures with control flow and data flow can be found in this [flowchart].
WIND EVENT LISTS
ACE EVENT LISTS
ULYSSES EVENT LISTS
*The SFR lists here via Ulysses are based on 4-8 min plasma data. Please contact Dr. Qiang Hu if list on 1 min data is needed.
1. Hu, Q., and B. U. Ö. Sonnerup, 2001, Reconstruction of magnetic flux ropes in the solar wind, Geophys. Res. Lett., 28, 467–470, [Online]
2. Hu,Q., and B. U. Ö. Sonnerup, 2002, Reconstruction of magnetic clouds in the solar wind: Orientations and configurations, J. Geophys. Res. (Space Physics), 107, 1142, [Online]
3. Hu, Q., C. W. Smith, N. F. Ness, and R. M. Skoug (2004), Multiple flux rope magnetic ejecta in the solar wind, J. Geophys. Res. (Space Physics), 109, A03102, [Online]
4. Hu, Q., 2017, The grad-shafranov reconstruction in twenty years: 1996–2016, Science China Earth Sciences, 60(8), 1466–1494, [Online]
5. Zheng, J., Q. Hu, Y. Chen, and J. le Roux, 2017, Automated detection of small-scale magnetic flux ropes and their association with shocks, J. Geophys. Conf. Ser. 900, 012024, [Online]
6. Zheng, J., and Q. Hu, 2018, Observational evidence for self-generation of small-scale magnetic flux ropes from intermittent solar wind turbulence, Astrophys. J. Lett., 852, L23, [Online]
7. Q. Hu, J. Zheng, Y. Chen, J. le Roux and L. Zhao, 2018, Automated detection of small-scale magnetic flux ropes in the solar wind: First results from the Wind spacecraft measurements, Astrophys. J. Supp., 239, 12, [Online]
8. Y. Chen, Q. Hu, and J. A. le Roux, 2019, Analysis of Small-scale Magnetic Flux Ropes Covering the Whole Ulysses Mission, Astrophys. J. , 881, 58, [Online]
We acknowledge partial support of NASA grant NNX12AH50G, NNX15A165G, NNX17AB85G, 80NSSC19K0276 and 80NSSC18K0622, subawards NRL N00173-14-1-G006 and SAO SV4-84017, NSF grant AGS-1650854, and the ongoing support of SWEAP/PSP science mission. This database is also supported by the SCOSTEP/VarSITI program.
Author: Dr. Jinlei Zheng(firstname.lastname@example.org), Dr. Qiang Hu(email@example.com) and Yu Chen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please contact Dr. Qiang Hu for data requests.
Webpage last updated: 2019/11/09